Wion Motors is a Social Business and 65% of its Profit is Invested into Social impact projects to address issues of Poverty, targeting the Unprivileged Social classes of People in Communities.
The Company addresses issues of poverty in communities through
- Youth empowerment & Vocational training through skilling them in the auto-repairs regardless of the education background as long as they have the passion.
- Environmental clean-up (air pollution) through large scale trees planting as a way of reducing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- Empowering of Women (Single Mothers) by providing them dignified employment in the tree plantations.
- Proper road use and safety awareness campaigns for secondary schools as a way sensitizing future road users and car drivers.
- Offer internship placement to unprivileged University students & Youth to enhance their exposure in the job market.
Tree Planting Projects
We are proud to have achieved social impact in areas of
- Skilling ghetto youth (23) in the auto-repair industry.
- Provided internship to 13 Youth and University students.
- Environmental conservation programs (Large scale Tree planting).
- Dignified support of 07 village women (Single mothers) working on our tree planting projects in the villages of Buwagga & Kisozi.
- Involved in National wide road accident awareness programs with other partners.